Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Netflix Is My Best Friend

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlNetflix has been a constant companion of mine during my recovery period.  There is always something to watch.  For the past few years we've been streaming Netflix to our TV via our Roku box.  I think it costs us $8/month, and we definitely get our money's worth.  There is so much available content that you'll be sure to find something you like.  They have movies, TV shows, documentaries, cartoons for kids, standup comedy, etc.  It's very similar to Amazon Prime.

I think the most mind numbing shows I've watched have been Toddlers & Tiaras and Bridezillas.  I'm pretty sure that the brats from T&T grow up to be Bridezillas.  I can't imagine why grown women would be acting that way unless they were psychologically damaged beauty queens.  If you want mind numbing garbage, or just want to feel better about yourself or your parenting skills, then watch these shows.

Some of the best shows that I've seen have been Lost and Battlestar Gallactica.  I watched Lost when it originally aired...week to week, suffering through the writers strike and all.  The rewatch on Netflix was a joy.  And BSG is just one of the best sci-fi shows I've ever seen.  It deals with artificial intelligence and all the questions that come with it.  I highly recommend both shows if you are looking for something that has some substance to it.


Do you have Netflix? What are some of your favorites?

_____________________________________________________________
 


6 comments:

  1. I live in Canada so our Netflix is different; as in we are probably 2 years behind you when it comes to "New Releases". My hubby is a huge BSG fan so that is a favourite here for sure. Lately I have been watching a series called the 4400. It's SCI-FI-tastic! Also Firefly. Because Nathan Fillion. Hope your healing is going well! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad because it seems like our Canadian neighbors are getting screwed out of a bunch of stuff...first it was probs with Amazon, and now this. Canada needs to rise up and fight da man! Okay,,,maybe too much caffeine this morning :)
      I watched 4400 a few years ago and liked it. And Nathan Fillion...yes, yes, and yes :) Firefly was great...still can't believe they only made one season.

      Delete
  2. People may find this insane but I have netflix AND I have no idea how to use it. I barely mastered the TV remote control to watch the rare regular television show!

    Please don't hate me because I am clueless! :-)

    Julie Jordan Scott
    The Bold Writer from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and I have Netflix as opposed to cable TV. Much more to watch on Netflix. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too...no cable here either. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu Plus instead. Plus, I really like watching 5 seasons of something in one shot :)

      Delete
  4. We gave up on Netflix when they raised the prices.
    I was able to watch all of the Veronica Mars series though.
    Heather

    Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy's Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete