Saturday, April 12, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Kindle Fire...It's My Fave

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlI am so in love with my Kindle Fire that's it's crazy.  My husband bought it for me right after my second ankle surgery as an early Christmas gift.  The idea was that it would be an easy, portable way for me to remain “connected” to friends and family on the web. 

With my Kindle Fire, I'm able to check my facebook, email, and my blog.  I can even watch movies and tv shows through my Amazon Prime subscription, or through the Hulu and Netflix apps.  And I can do it while laying down in bed because it's so small and light.

And I can load all my ebooks on it too!  I already have a Nook, but it's nice having everything all in one place.  And since I take my Kindle with me pretty much wherever I go, I always have something to read...which has been especially nice when I had doctor's appointments to wait on.

Speaking of reading...one of the nice options when using the browser that comes with the Kindle is the “Reading View” button.  I use this to read websites and blogs many times.  All you do is click the button and it makes whatever you are reading easier on the eyes.  So when you come across that blog with the lime green and black color scheme, your eyes no longer need to bug out.  (*Disclaimer...for some weird reason, the “Reading View” button doesn't always show up. I don't know if it's random, or if it's something I'm doing?)

Here it is on my lap with the lime green cover that was picked out by my son :)
Also, when I get bored I play solitaire on it.  My kids make fun of me because, apparently, there are a ton more exciting games I can get on my Kindle.  But I like solitaire!

Honestly, my Kindle is one of the best gifts that I've ever gotten.  It's truly a multitasking machine that I can stick in my purse and take anywhere.  And the best part was that we got it on sale :)


Do you have a Kindle fire?  What do you use it for the most?

__________________________________________________________
 


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review on the Kindle Fire. I have the Kindle Reader, and have wondered if upgrading would benefit me in a way that my smart phone doesn't. Visiting from the AtoZ Challenge...found your link on 'Snapshots of Life'. Congrats on making it through Week #2.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I love my Kindle Fire. I have a nook as well, but I find myself grabbing my Kindle first. It's an all in one.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I swore I would never get an ereader. Then I won a Kindle Fire. I do love it. I still love my books though.
    Heather

    Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy's Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend that refuses to use an e-reader. She likes the feel of "real" books. To each his own! I love my Kindle!

      Delete
  3. nope- I don't have any electronic books- I'm hooked on books that I can hold. A lot of our friends like them for travel and I do understand that...but so far I travel lots of places and always have enough to read! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always interesting to hear peoples likes and dislikes and the reasons behind them. Every one is different :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I can see why you like it so much. As I said in my post, I'm a bit slow. I got mine on sale for $69.00 which was what I had left on my amazon gift card, so in a sense it was free. After reading this, I see a Kindle Fire in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love my Kindle Fire. My daughter has a small ASUS e-pad that she loves. I like the user friendliness of the KF.

      Delete
  5. I don't have a Kindle, but do have the app on my iphone and ipad. I love the ease of downloading a book (even a sample to see if I would like it), and when I'm on my phone reading and have to stop, when I pick up my ipad, it will find where I am in the book and take me right there. It is amazing!

    And although I am still a little hung up on wanting to read physical books vs ebooks, the ease and weight of carrying hundreds of books with you at all times doesn't even compare.

    Great post, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does make everything easy! My husband even listens to his audiobooks on my Kindle!

      Delete
  6. You sound like me - my son laughs because I play the 'lame' games but I get totally sucked into them. I'm addicted to Sudoku at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You spell your name like I do! Yeah, I just like Solitaire...my kids are gonna make fun of me no matter what I do LOL

      Delete