Saturday, April 5, 2014

Six Word Saturday -- April 5

It's Six Word Saturday time...

I survived going to the dentist!

This week I had my regularly scheduled cleaning and I didn't even need to take a Xanax this time.  Progress!  I'm getting more comfortable with my new dentist (this is the third time I've seen her for a cleaning).  Don't get me wrong...I'd still rather go the gynecologist than the dentist.  But, overall, my dental anxiety is in check.  I'm not even going to think about the cavity that I need filled next month.

___________________________________________________
Six Word Saturday is hosted by Call Me Kate at Show My Face.  If you'd like to join in on the fun, then describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you survived. I have MS, and when I go to the dentist, I have a diminished sensation of the Novocaine shot in other parts of my body. Wierd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is weird! In a cool weird sorta way :) Aren't our bodies so strange sometimes?

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Even though I worked in a dental office, I dread my appointments, too. I've read that one reason we dread dentists so much is that they are so close to our faces. Makes sense. Pretty hard to ignore someone probing the mouth.

    I found you via @riverand's Stumbleupon party! Feel free to follow me there, too. I'm mentalmosaic on SU.

    ~Tui Snider~
    @TuiSnider on Twitter
    My blog: Tui Snider's Offbeat & Overlooked Travel
    I am also part of the #StoryDam team, a friendly writing community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tui! I followed you on StumbleUpon...I'm very new to the SU thing and I'm still figuring it out.
      Funny thing is that I used to love the dentist when I was little. It wasn't until I was 19 and couldn't go to my pediatric dentist anymore that I had a bad experience with a dentist. And when I say bad, I mean horrific. Long story short, he was supposed to fix a cavity...fast forward and I've had 2 root canals in that tooth before finally having it pulled last year. Ugh!

      Delete
  3. Don't tell my brother-in-law who is a dentist that I don't care for his line of work either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my funniest comment to date! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hopefully your teeth are in a pretty good shape. Mine were not, so I had to get over those fears at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in decent shape...all except the one that needed pulling!

      Delete
  5. Glad you survived…. The dentist doesn't bother me… But I freak before going to the girly dr...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we could switch brains for our dentist and gyno appointments? :)

      Delete