Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Amazon Instant Video

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlIf you've ever shopped on Amazon before, then you are probably familiar with the Amazon Prime feature of free two day shipping on your orders.  Besides the free shipping, Prime members also get to enjoy a few other great benefits...like an e-book lending library for your Kindle and online video streaming.  While I could go into more detail on all of these benefits, for this post I will be focusing on the instant video benefits.

What you'll need to start watching.  There are many different viewing options:

  • Watch on your Kindle Fire
  • You can watch on your computer at home
  • Watch on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod
  • Watch through a smart TV
  • If you have a TV (non-smart)  
    • You'll need something that will stream to your TV.  I have a Roku box that is hooked up to my television (I actually have two: one for my family room and one in my bedroom).  This allows me to watch what I would normally watch on my computer, on my bigger screened television.
    • Many gaming systems like Xbox, Playstation, and Wii have the ability to stream through them.

Click here for a full list of Amazon Instant Video compatible devices.

Now that you have your equipment for watching, you are all set to go!  If you have a Prime membership, then you have many different movies, documentaries, tv shows, stand up comedies, and even some concerts to choose from.  I've watched everything from Downton Abbey to Pink in concert. 

Currently, Amazon also has all 7 seasons of Doctor Who :)

With so much to choose from, what are your favorite shows or movies to watch on Amazon Instant Video? 

_____________________________________________________________
 


14 comments:

  1. I don't have Amazon Prime, but I have heard that there is some sort of "Mom Prime" that is really great for new moms (diaper delivery and such) that might be worth the investment now. I believe it has all of the same benefits of the Prime Membership which would be nice because I still haven't seen season of Downtown Abbey! My hubby hasn't seen any of it and he keeps telling me that he will watch it with me "some day," but I think Amazon is the only place that has it! ARG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole...see my comment below...I'm still getting the hang of this!

      Delete
  2. I must admit to having to be a bit of a TV fan! I will be interested to know how you are going to do the x,y,z
    nice to connect
    http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/
    Twitter: WriterBizWoman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I watch way too much tv...which is why I started doing other stuff too...keep posted!

      Delete
  3. Streaming can be addictive. I was home sick once and watched Grey's Anatomy. I was home in bed and watched it on my Iphone....when I was feeling better I moved to the TV. I have seen Doctor Who as well and 10 is still my favorite. I have cancelled it since I had been using to much of my unlimited data. However I like the calm of Netflix sending me discs ....teaches me patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are all sorts of "primes"...I think with the mom prime you can get certain coupons and offers...and I'm pretty sure it's free! And Downton Abbey is awesome...you'll love it. I watched it by myself after ankle surgery #1. Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just finished watching the first season of Devious Maids and it has me completely sucked it. You should go check it out.

    All the best with the Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I haven't heard of Devious Maids before...Will definitely check that out..I'm always looking for new things to watch. I'm such a tv addict :)

      Delete
  6. I wish that Amazon did away with boarders and allowed Canadians the same privilege as USA. Regardless there are still my favourite place to get ebooks.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about this! Come on Amazon! Get with the program and hook up the Canadians!

      Delete
  7. I'm too broke for Prime.
    I get everything from the library these days!
    One day, when I'm a household name, I'll have it all! :)
    HMG

    Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy's Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely had me at Doctor Who! But like Heather, we get our videos from the library.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Heather and @Teresa: We cancelled our cable a couple of years ago...we also cancelled our phone and my cell phone service. Basically we went from paying Verizon over $200/month to just paying for our internet (which still costs a small fortune) and the ~$10/month it costs me for my pay as you go phone. That's how I afford Prime :) And Netflix and Hulu Plus :D

    ReplyDelete