Monday, April 7, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Friends are Better

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlSo maybe you're thinking, “Katie, you already had a post last week about having company”.  Yes I already mentioned having company...but having company and having friends over is not the same thing.  Let me explain the biggest differences between company and friends...

Company... you have to have your hair done or in a hat and have showered sometime in the past 24 hours.  With friends, you just need to brush your teeth.

Company...when they come over, your house can't look like a tornado hit it.  With friends...they can see your kitchen island full of two weeks worth of mail, papers from school, legos, and anything else the kids or hubs has decided now belongs on there.

See the difference?

Company is great.  Friends are even better.  So if you are recovering from surgery, or on bed rest, or maybe you're going through chemo treatments...call a friend.  They will cheer you up and you won't even have to change out of your pajamas.

Has a friend helped you pass the time?  Give them a shout out in the comments!

_____________________________________________________________
 


10 comments:

  1. so true, real friends don't judge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what I'm doing wrong. My company never comes back. Maybe I need to change my pajamas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Company needs clean pajamas...unfortunately :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh yes. I completely get the distinction here. I love when people who I don't know as well (company) are comfortable enough to be friends yet sometimes... that takes time.

    Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! My kids and I are enjoying this month of Stormy!

      Delete
  5. Very true, and I'm guilty of sometimes forgetting that friends are friends and not company when I panic about the state of the house!

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your real friends won't be judging you on your mess :)

      Delete