Friday, April 25, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Vampires...I've Loved You Since The Lost Boys

I love Vampires and everything Vampire related.  I enjoy television shows, movies, and books with vampires.  Why?  I have no clue.  But I've had a fascination with the blood suckers since I saw The Lost Boys in 1987.

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlHere are some of my faves:

Television

Vampire Diaries
Dracula
Tru Blood
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Even Doctor Who has a vampire episode: Vampires in Venice (Season 6). Highly recommend.

Movies

Lost Boys
Underworld
Fright Night (the redo because it has David Tennent in it :) )
Interview with a Vampire

Books

Sookie Stackhouse books
Twilight
A Shade of Vampire (haven't quite finished this series yet, but I'm almost there. And it's PG for anyone who's looking for their teenage daughters)


Are vampire related things going to make your recovery easier?  I don't know.  Maybe if you like vampires as much as me!  You may not actually heal faster, but there is certainly enough vampire ideas here to keep you busy for a while :)

Are you as vampire obsessed as me?  If so, what are some of your favorites?

_____________________________________________________________
 


6 comments:

  1. I love this post! My V post is about vampires too! Mine is about books. But I would totally have listed The Lost Boys as my favorite vampire movie! And Buffy the Vampire Slayer as my favorite tv show. If you have time, and want to, you can check out my V post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a great post...with some great recommendations!

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah! I love vampires too!! My first reading wise were the Sookie books and I was hooked. Buffy and Angel are two of my favorite tv shows :)

    Have you read the Dark Hunters or Jeaniene Frost's series? They're top of my vampy reads (both are adult series but not erotica).

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't read that series. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  3. I love the Sookie Stackhouse books! And I love the Twilight book. I have fallen behind on the Vampire Diaries TV series, but I plan on catching up. I couldn't get into the books, but I skipped to Origins: Stefan's Diaries #1 and that one was pretty good.

    I've read a lot of vampire books. Some of the following: Vampire Academy, Jeaniene Frost's books, the Morganville Vampires, Anita Blake, etc.

    I read six of the Anita Blake books and they were all good. If you like Sookie Stackhouse, you will probably like Anita Blake because there is a lot of suspense in them. The characters are likeable. Anita is tough and she has more than one love interest. I heard the books get real smutty after book 7, but 1-6 are worth your while.

    I recently finished reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black and really liked it! I recommend that one. It was not what I thought it was going to be. I was judging the book by its cover, so I put off reading that book longer than I should have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the recommendations! You're the second person to mention the Jeaniene Frost books...maybe I'll start off with those :)

      Delete