Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Strike A Pose

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlTaking pictures is an easy way to see how far you've come.  I started taking pictures of my incision the minute I got a first glimpse of it, and continued taking pictures every week for the first 4 months or so.  Looking at those pictures reminds me just how much I've progressed.

If you are a soon to be mommy--take pics of your baby bump!  Check out what this couple did...fantastic!




Maybe you're not up to taking pictures of yourself...take pics of your surroundings, your family, your pets...anything that makes you happy.

Here's a picture of my son playing in the snow...this makes me happy!


_____________________________________________________________
 


8 comments:

  1. I took selfies before they were such a big thing. My first 365 project was back in 2007. I documented my recovery from melanoma and my most recent self portraits which purposefully sport my scar are powerful reclamations of spirit. I can not recommend it highly enough. Enjoyed this one a lot!

    Julie Jordan Scott
    The Bold Writer from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it and happy to hear that you are a survivor!!

      Delete
  2. Look at how high that snow is! I don't usually take pictures of myself (you wouldn't think so with the profile pics on my blog, twitter, etc). I'm usually the picture taker. The last thing I need is to see what my belly is doing - the opposite of weight loss!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually the picture taker too :) Makes for a lot of great shots of my kiddos though!

      Delete
  3. So cute! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sylvia! Happy A to Z-ing...we're almost done!

      Delete
  4. Ha! Yes, seeing something change over time is truly amazing. Another good post.
    Heather

    Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy's Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Heather! I love "seeing" progress.

      Delete