Friday, April 11, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Just Ignore The Mess

While this isn't something you technically do to keep busy, it's something you need to do to keep yourself sane.

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.html
After having my recent ankle surgeries, it has been really hard to keep up with my regular “maintenance” of the house and all the household chores I normally do.  Especially after my first ankle surgery where I was non-weight bearing for so long, the mess just seemed to pile up really quickly.

So I chose to ignore it.  Mostly.  You can read here about how I tried to ignore it back in February.  I think I did an outstanding job of moving past the mess...if I have to say so myself.

If you ignore it, it will go away.  

Okay, so not really.  But seriously, don't look.

You will one day be able to clean again, so for right now, just ignore it.  If you find this too difficult of a task, call a maid or get some minions.  My kids and husband helped me out a lot, but as much as they did, they don't clean the way I clean.  This is just something that I've had to live with for the past several months.  Nothing I can do but ignore it and look forward to the days where I'm not staring at dust and dirt in places only I can see.


Are you able to just ignore the mess?  Do you have minions of your own?

_____________________________________________________________
 


7 comments:

  1. *sigh* Minions grow up. Mine are all still home, but all have jobs and are in school. There's only so much I can ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want my minions to stay young! I don't want them to grow up...makes me sad to just think about it.

      Delete
  2. i too had really bad ankle surgery... 8 pins and a plate into my leg, my home went to the messy clean to the messy messy... my wife works too much and i was broken.

    Thank you for being part of the "AtoZ Challenge", please stop on over to my site[s] and say "Hello"!
    Comment/Follow/Etc.

    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2014]

    Old is the New Cool...
    [Being-Retro]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your ankle heals up quickly. It's been maddening having to take everything so slow lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MINIONS! My kids have called themselves personal man-servants. Um, they're 9 and 6. I have my hands full. If I were closer, I'd be a minion for ya! I'm 4'11 - perfect minion size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. personal man-servants LOL I'm only 4'9"...a fellow little person!

      Delete