Thursday, April 17, 2014

How To Keep Busy While Recovering: Open A Package...Order Stuff Online!

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-to-z-challenge-sign-uplist-2014.htmlI had my second ankle surgery in the beginning of December...which means that I wasn't exactly in the best shape to go out and do any Christmas shopping.  For the past few years I've done a lot of shopping online because I suffer from chronic pain.  I feel like online shopping was made for me and don't know what I would have done if this was thirty years ago and we didn't have everything at the click of a button.

3 places I find it easy to order from:

Amazon.com
I've ordered Christmas presents to granola bars on Amazon...they have almost anything you need.  I even ordered my wheelchair off Amazon.  And because I have Amazon Prime, I get most of the stuff I order in two days.

Etsy.com
When you need to order things that are specialized or out of the ordinary, Etsy is the answer.  Before my second ankle surgery, I ordered a cast sock to keep my toes warm while I was in my splint.  I didn't know if I would be casted like I was with my first surgery, so this purchase was for “Murphy insurance”....like when you take your umbrella out just to make sure that it doesn't rain.

JCPenney.com
Recently I ordered clothes and rugs for my kitchen.  Anything that doesn't fit, or I don't like, can easily be brought back to a JCP store (you can also ship items back, but I find it easier to return them to the store).

Of course, the best packages to open are ones that you didn't order.  Surprise gifts in the mail! :)  A friend of mine recently knit a hat for me right before Christmas.  With all the snow we've had this winter, I've gotten a lot of use of that hat.  Thanks D!

So if you're not in the habit of ordering stuff online, give it a try.  The convenience is fantastic and it helped me feel a bit more normal.  I was able to order gifts for my kids for Christmas, which made me feel like I contributed some.

Do you order stuff online often?  What site is your favorite online store?

_____________________________________________________________
 


3 comments:

  1. OMG! You are so right about 30 years ago! I had an injury in December that prevented me from shopping much for Christmas. I don't know what I would have done without online ordering. So Thankful for that avenue this year. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love having the option to order online...even if we are healthy and don't need it. My MIL just ordered a dress online because she tried it on in the store last week, but didn't buy it. When she went back this week to get it, she couldn't find it. So she went online and found it there. Problem solved!

      Delete