Friday, April 4, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- April 4

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

Today I'm celebrating getting some feeling back in my foot!  I just realized this a few days ago when I was putting my cocoa butter on.  Right after surgery I realized that a large part of the top of my foot had lost feeling in it.  I wasn't totally surprised, as I have some nerve damage and numbness around my knees because of my knee surgeries.  But I didn't have any problems like this with my first ankle, so while I wasn't totally surprised, I was somewhat disappointed.  My therapist said that it's possible to get some feeling back, but I wasn't very hopeful.  But it's back baby!  Not like it was before the surgery...not back to "normal"...but it's enough for me :)

Also, it's my best friend's birthday today and my family is going out to celebrate tonight with his family.  Happy Birthday MJ!


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, head on over to Scribblings of an Aspiring Author, by VikLit, for more information.

 

4 comments:

  1. YAY! It's always a little nerve racking after surgery - waiting to see if it was successful, then waiting even longer to see how close to 'normal' you can get. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wait and see game can make you a little crazy :) Hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. Glad the feeling is back. Feel better!.

    ReplyDelete