If you've ever shopped on Amazon before, then you are probably familiar with the Amazon Prime feature of free two day shipping on your orders. Besides the free shipping, Prime members also get to enjoy a few other great benefits...like an e-book lending library for your Kindle and online video streaming. While I could go into more detail on all of these benefits, for this post I will be focusing on the instant video benefits.
What you'll need to start watching. There are many different viewing options:
- Watch on your Kindle Fire
- You can watch on your computer at home
- Watch on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod
- Watch through a smart TV
- If you have a TV (non-smart)
- You'll need something that will stream to your TV. I have a Roku box that is hooked up to my television (I actually have two: one for my family room and one in my bedroom). This allows me to watch what I would normally watch on my computer, on my bigger screened television.
- Many gaming systems like Xbox, Playstation, and Wii have the ability to stream through them.
Click here for a full list of Amazon Instant Video compatible devices.
Now that you have your equipment for watching, you are all set to go! If you have a Prime membership, then you have many different movies, documentaries, tv shows, stand up comedies, and even some concerts to choose from. I've watched everything from Downton Abbey to Pink in concert.
Currently, Amazon also has all 7 seasons of Doctor Who :)
With so much to choose from, what are your favorite shows or movies to watch on Amazon Instant Video?
For a click-able list of all 26 How to Keep Busy While Recovering posts, click here.