Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rainbow Cookies #AtoZChallenge



...rainbow cookies.  Only the best cookies ever invented!  They take some time and patience to make, but it's worth it in the end.  I've talked about them before on my blog here.


For the rainbow cookie recipe that I use, click here.  Changes I made to the original recipe:  I omitted the raspberry jam and substituted almond pie filling for almond paste.  Then I made a ganache out of the chocolate so it wouldn't crack when I cut the cookies.



What are your favorite cookies?



9 comments:

  1. Wow, those look amazing. I'll have to try one soon.
    My favourite cookie is a smile cookie. It's essentially a sugar cookie with a smilie face panted on it in chocolate frosting. Yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo good. This recipe is good...very close to the ones you get from Brooklyn!

      Delete
  2. Love all the colors! Never tried a rainbow cookie or cake but must be a hit with children :) I love peanut butter cookies.

    Joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in NYC, find an Italian pastry shop...you can get rainbow cookies there...yummy!

      Delete
  3. Annnnd you just hit upon one of my most favoritest things in the Universe....drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of chocolate chunk cookies. Although, at the day job we also have a white chocolate brownie cookie that is pretty damn good.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loves these!
    I might just have to try it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete