Thursday, April 14, 2016

Little China Cabinet #AtoZChallenge


...my little china cabinet.  Originally my grandmother's, this piece of furniture lived in my grandparents house in Brooklyn for many years.  My grandma used to keep figurines in the top and used the drawer as a catch all.   She knew how much I loved the little cabinet and promised that I could have it one day.  I retreived it from my aunt's basement, where it was in storage, about five years ago after we moved into a bigger house that had room for it.  My grandmother had already passed by then, but whenever I look at my little china cabinet I get happy just thinking of her.  If I open up the door, and smell inside, it smells like my grandparent's house in Brooklyn...just the best!

*Please do not use, copy, post, or pin any of these photos in any way.  These are personal photos and are my own property.  Thank you in advance.


Look how cool these pics came out!  I took these with my cell phone, no flash.  See the rainbows in my grandparents picture?



*Please do not use, copy, post, or pin any of these photos in any way.  These are personal photos and are my own property.  Thank you in advance.


Do you have any vintage pieces that used to belong to someone you love?




15 comments:

  1. I have an old atlas and a few stamps from my grandfather. The stamps were from when he was overseas during WWII and he sent letters back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The atlas must be cool! I like old maps.

      Delete
  2. No vintage pieces I've inherited from family, but my dad has an old TV that I would love to have one day.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it still work? Or would you keep it for show?

      Delete
  3. love my secretary with a small cabinet atop for knicknacks like china cups and dolls. Great pics of yours! Love the rainbow.

    Joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, I didn't know you had roots in Brooklyn. You're one of my peeps! Where? When?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Brooklyn! So was my mother, grandmother, and great grandmother :) I only lived in Brooklyn for the first year of my life...Canarsie...then we moved to Staten Island, which is where I grew up. My mom and grandparents lived in East New York in Bklyn. And my dad grew up in Coney Island.

      Delete
    2. How awesome is this? I grew up in Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge. Oh, I put a follow thingy on my blog!

      Delete
    3. Small world :) I'm glad you have a thingy now :P

      Delete
  5. That is a very cute little cabinet. I love the rainbows on your grandparents pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cabinet and what a wonderful treasure! I have my maternal grandmother's cedar chest, and it has traveled all around the country with us as we have moved. It is probably the most vintage treasure, but we also have my Dear Husband's great Aunt's Dining room set and his Great Uncle's leather easy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love that little cabinet too, if it were mine. I think it's special when we are able to hang on to things owned by our ancestors, especially those that are special to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece of furniture! And I love that it still 'smells' like a memory!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete