Monday, April 6, 2015

Easily Distracted

An A to Z Challenge from the point of view of the newest member of the family...Emmie is a 4-ish year old pit bull mix that we rescued on March 20, 2015.

While on a walk the other day, I saw a bird and tried my very best to get it, but didn't get far since the humans insist that I walk on a leash. But in my excitement, I got distracted from walking and went chest first into a fire hydrant! Why do the humans put those things right in the middle of the walking path?

Anyway, my plan to hunt down one of those birds is still on. One day...






7 comments:

  1. Hydrants move for no one. I hope you're okay and not bruised. Yes one day, a bird for you, Emmie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly dog. Hydrants are for peeing on, not walking into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question - how is that lovely cream rug you're standing on not covered in paw prints - do you wipe your paws when you come back from a walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmie does have to wipe her paws if it's been wet outside. Luckily, she's been very cooperative :) Now, if I could just get my kids to wipe their feet....

      Delete
  4. Plato The Dog is with you on that one. Birds...he doesn't understand why his dog mom is not letting him back out before 7.30am, while there are all those birds waiting for him (and his hound bay) outside. She's talking about neighbors, blah blah blah. No. Fun.

    ReplyDelete