Friday, May 30, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- May 30

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

This week I'm celebrating good friends who don't make you feel bad when you have to ask them for weird favors.  "Oh, you're going to Bed Bath & Beyond?  Can you pick up some glasses for me?  I'm down to 5 from the original 16 I started with 15 years ago.  I'll give you a check when I see you."  She also took pictures for me and sent them over email so I could see what my options were.  Also, she dropped them to me on her way home.

Never did she make me feel like I was an inconvenience or question why I couldn't just go myself...because she knows my medical problems.

Friends like this are hard to come by.  Thank you Julie!

What are you celebrating?


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, head on over to Scribblings of an Aspiring Author, by VikLit, for more information.

 


12 comments:

  1. A massive 'Yay' for friends. Good friends are to be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to ask friends for favors - yet so often, they are given freely and joyfully. I am no longer young, but still have to learn that "you cannot stand alone." "Real" friends are a treasure, just as good "Cyber-Friends" are an inspiration. Great reason to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful to have friends like that! Great celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. I hate shopping. Wished I had a friend who would go for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Living here in Ecuador, good friends are those who mule back those things you miss from the US - for me it's Cafe Vienna (yeah, the cheap stuff in a tin at most grocery stores and even Walmart), for hubby it's decaf Twinings Earl Grey tea bags. ;)

    D.B. McNicol
    Romance & Mystery...writing my life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely sounds like a good friend, and something worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie sounds wonderful! Friends are always great to celebrate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never forget to celebrate and treasure my good friends. Sadly, most of them live back in NJ and I'm here in PA. I have to start meeting some people. It's getting mighty lonely. As usual, thank you for being a wonderful co-host for this amazing blog hop, and I hope this week was a good week for you health wise. In my thoughts. Have a good weekend. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are gems to hold on to! I've yet to find someone local who understands my situation.

    Thank you Julie!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Caring For My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm blessed to have friends like that, too. Glasses is not the weirdest thing they've picked up for me...I'm glad you can celebrate despite the obstacles. I so admire your attitude!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, that's sweet. It is hard to find good friends like that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for all the comments...I've been away for the weekend, so I'm playing catch up on my blog today. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete