Friday, May 23, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- May 23

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

This week I'm celebrating new linens.  I've had the same towels for about 15 years or so.  Some are bleach stained, and some are starting to unravel.  I'm having company stay for a week next month, so this was the perfect time for an upgrade.  I'm also down to one sheet set...which is a pain when I have to do laundry.  I hate having to worry about washing, drying, and putting my sheets back on all in one shot.  An extra set gives me a little more wiggle room to be lazy :)

Also celebrating the 15% cash back from Ebates.com for ordering all my new linens from JCPenney online (never even had to leave my house!).  Just an extra little something to look forward to...a rebate check coming in the mail in a few weeks.  (Anyone interested in joining Ebates.com, click here and I get a little kickback for the referral.)

BTW...all this is SO #firstworldproblems and I'm well aware of it!  But this is a little things celebration, so I'm entitled to be happy about whatever I'd like :)

What are you celebrating?


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, head on over to Scribblings of an Aspiring Author, by VikLit, for more information.

 

18 comments:

  1. Yay to cash back. I need to check into Ebates.com. Enjoy your new towels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My friend told me about Ebates before Christmas. I've made back about $100 by doing nothing. Love!

      Delete
  2. What am I celebrating? I'm Canadian... Grateful that the snow is finally GONE! ~ Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A lot of people are happy about the warmer weather! I'll take 72 and sunny...no more than that :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! We're OK, on towels, but each of us only has one set of sheets, so I hear you on the "get it all done before bedtime" thing. Total pain. However, we other more pressing things. Today I'm celebrating my youngest getting on a plane with his friends for a much anticipated trip to Washington, DC! It's a big step for him, and I'm praying all goes well.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing your baby go away is always hard...but at least you know he had some great weather over here in the DC area. Been sunny and 75/80. Hope he had a great time on his trip!

      Delete
  4. If life is good, celebrate it. Those in the developing countries have moments of happiness too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I've just been a bit complain-ee this week...which always makes me feel bad afterwards...which is why I was thinking about people that have less. Life is good.

      Delete
  5. Lots my note about your linky, just wrote another one. Believe I'll grab your badge and link and schedule/draft post so I'll be ready come next Friday. LOL Love the linens. I always get a kick out of going to someone younger's house where everything matches and they buy new colors for the seasons etc. A friend once said we do the whole shower thing backwards. We should be buying things for newly weds (particularly since they've lived together and already have everything and then some), we ought to be having showers for us who've been around awhile so we can get new things! lol I personally loved the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too! Maybe we just need showers every 15 years or so :) Currently, I'm down to about 5 glasses in my cupboard. All the rest have broken. I think I had 16 to begin with! That's next on the list...

      Delete
  6. Oophs forgot to say, still road tripping through a-z in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! me too! although, I've been at a rest stop all week :)

      Delete
  7. I love shopping online too! I usually get my linens and window treatments online. I'll have to check out eBates. I love anything that has to do with getting money back! Thanks for being one of the co-hosts for this amazing, yet simple blog hop. I look forward to celebrating with everyone. Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is a great blog hop...we always celebrate! Yeah, check into the ebates thing...nothing like getting a check in the mail just for shopping :)

      Delete
  8. eBates, huh? Really? It's that good? I'm worried about them selling my info.

    Speaking of linens. Well, I still have a towel set I was given as a wedding present (24 years ago) I do get some nice kitchen towels every so often from my mom. But nothing really in the towel department. I <3 bath sheets and they are hard to find! As for sheets, I bought new ones maybe 4 years ago. They were 1000 thread count and very lovely! We JUST bought a new couch and loveseat and I'm all over excited about that. Excited about household purchases. Wow! Does that make me old? LOL

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Be Positive in Life and Writing
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't take this the wrong way...but yes, it makes you old :) But in a good way! I think that once you've been married for 10 years you get wise enough to be old no matter your age....that's just my humble opinion :D

      Delete
  9. New linens are a fun celebration, I love a new purchase like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love getting new things that I use every day. Makes me feel less bad about spending the money! LOL

      Delete