Monday, May 5, 2014

A to Z Reflections Post 2014

Congratulations to everyone who took on the A to Z Challenge!  Because I'm being a bit lazy, I'm doing a short list of my reflections.  This will make it easier for me to write, and easier on the readers who are blog-hopping the A to Z Reflections posts.

Here we go!  My thoughts on the A to Z Challenge...
  1. Met some great people.  I mean, really cool, interesting, and creative new people.  (They're not actually “new people”...they're just new to me.)
  2. Participated in my first Twitter chat.  I still don't like Twitter, but I can see now why, and how, twitter is useful for chats.
  3. Found some awesome new blogs.
  4. Had complete strangers say the most wonderful and supportive comments to me.
  5. Realized that I can blog without cursing, although it's a lot harder and not preferable (see Lent post).
  6. Learned how to schedule posts ahead of time.  I really loved this and in the future will make more use of it.
  7. Thought that I'd feel completely overwhelmed by the blogging everyday thing...but didn't (see #6).
  8. Proved, once again, that I can do whatever I put my mind to!

The two improvements that I think can be made with the Challenge itself...
  1. A registering system where you can fill in your blog topic instead of having to pick from pre-made ones.
  2. All the blog topics would be sorted alphabetically.  OCD much? ;)

Overall, I'm happy that I accepted the challenge and can't wait until next year.  The gears are already turning...

What are your thoughts?  Are you glad you took the challenge?


Click the pic for other Reflections posts
Click Here for other Reflections Posts


Click Here for a full list of my A to Z Challenge Posts

24 comments:

  1. LOVE your idea of alphabetical, I made that suggestion last year, but don't know the mechanics of that with a linky. No clue if it's even possible. Last year ran into lots of comments about people not being able to find themselves o the linky and thus an abc listing would be helpful. I too like the idea of selecting your topic. I joined with several blogs last year and found 2 just really didn't fit any of their categories. Glad you've found it possible to blog without cussing, I generally don't feel it adds anything positive to a blog post. I'm continuing to blog a-z in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sandy. I like organization, so alphabetical seems nice :) Good luck with your posts in May!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad I took the challenge. Well done to you on making it to Z and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the challenge....and boy what a challenge. Over 2000 participants and I didn't even put a dent in visiting... Ugh!
    Where is all the time??

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Trying to be Positive in Life and Writing
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's this "time" you speak of? ;)

      Delete
    2. No clue, but someone said there's time for everything. I just haven't found it yet! LOL

      Delete
  4. Yeah. The Challenge Peeps would love to be able to do a list where they can manipulate it but that's not possible yet.
    You did a great job on the Challenge. Lots of great information and hopefully sharing some of your pain and frustration with us will help you get on with the next bit of healing you need.

    Don't be a stranger.
    :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! And don't worry, I will continue to stalk your blog :)

      Delete
  5. Scheduling posts really does make everything so much easier, the first year I did the challenge I didn't schedule my posts, and it was so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine trying to blog every day by the seat of my pants! I would have such anxiety!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed it this year. I've enjoyed it on oast years, big not this. I do like your suggestion to have a lust if topics alphabetically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alphabetical topics are a far away dream :) Sorry you didn't have a great experience this year. Maybe you can take a year off and then come back to it with a fresh start.

      Delete
  7. Hi Katie, so glad you enjoyed the Challenge experience and made it through. The Challenge is a great opportunity to experiment and test your blogging stamina. If you find at least one takeaway to enhance your blog or your blogging (such as the idea to preschedule posts) then it's a good Challenge year. Strong women who set their mind to doing something can conquer the world :). Keep on conquering!

    Judy - Assistant to Airlee Bird, A to Z April Blogging Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your Avatar over at Tina's Life is Good and knew I needed to visit your blog!
    I didn't do the A-Z but had fun trying to follow everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job and I'm looking forward to a beautiful friendship ;-)
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I'm so glad I decided to do this...I've met such wonderful people!

      Delete
  10. Your reflection points are perfect - some are similar to mine. I'm a new blogger and have truly enjoyed reading your posts and posts from so many other bloggers - so much fun!

    http://www.door2lore.com/3/post/2014/05/a-z-blogging-challenge-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sue! And thanks for leaving a link...I'm heading on over to you now!

      Delete
  11. Congrats finishing A-Z! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete