Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Acupuncture For Sports Injuries

I mentioned last week that my daughter sprained her shoulder playing softball...well, I took her with me today for an acupuncture treatment.  She's had acupuncture several times before and is an old pro already :)

Here she is waiting for her treatment.  This is pre-needles...



(Totally unrelated...I love the color of my acupuncturist's office!) 

First, she had her shoulder massaged a bit to loosen up the muscle. You can even watch a video on your tablet while you have your treatment!



After the massage, the needles go in...here's a shot of the needles in her back and shoulder...



She even let me take a bit of video...she's such a champ!


For my other posts on acupuncture see here:

Bloodletting much?
Acupuncture: How Does This Voodoo Actually Work?
Chinese Herbs
Bee Therapy?
Update-Facet Joint Injections Day 3


Have any questions?  Comment down below or email me at:  thecyborgmom@gmail.com

 

4 comments:

  1. This appears to be a gateway to IV drug use. It desensitizes children to needles and makes them more likely to be heroin addicts. How do you live with yourself??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how my BROTHER comments as anonymous and thinks I won't know it's him. Troll bastard! Luv ya Rich :)

      Delete
  2. Ouch. That looks painful! The above comment upset me before I saw that it was your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually not painful at all. About 90% of the time you don't even notice them.

    ReplyDelete