Friday, July 11, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- July 11

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

So remember how last week I thought I had some fraudulent charges to my checking account?  Yeah, turns out that I was in the wrong.  When I sat down to reconcile my checkbook at the end of June, I saw two charges that were charged from Paypal.  So I went to my Paypal account and checked there, and no charges were to be found...which is why I originally thought that I had been hacked.  Well, anyone who has a Paypal account can clearly see that they have been upgrading their website over the past few weeks, and I guess there were some glitches...like not showing charges that had been made!  When I look at my account this week, the charges are there.

Sooo...long story short (too late!)...I'm celebrating that I wasn't hacked!  I've just lost my mind and not remembered stuff.  And Paypal needs to get their shit together with this website upgrade!  Oy....

I'd also like to celebrate my children this week...for being open minded little people.  I brought my daughter in for acupuncture to help heal her sprained shoulder (for pictures and video click here).  My son let me take him in a few months ago for a treatment as well.  I'm glad that they are open minded about alternative forms of medicine.  Hey, let's attribute it to great parenting ;) :)


What are you celebrating?


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, VikLit @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Katie @ TheCyborgMom, and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse


 

19 comments:

  1. Glad you haven't been hacked, it must have been a relief to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a relief...but now I feel so stupid about the whole thing!

      Delete
  2. What a relief! <3 Loved your post on your daughter doing acupuncture too!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Caring for My Veteran
    Be Positive in Life and Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is a rockstar! What a trooper to put up with all my crazy :)

      Delete
  3. Yay to not being hacked. I liked your positive attitude when you thought you were. You said it could have been worse which is a great outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my motto in life...things could be worse...cause they always can!

      Delete
  4. Glad you weren't hacked! That's definitely worth celebrating, =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay that you weren't hacked! Phew! Scary and such pain to deal with. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! It was scary...glad it was just a big mistake.

      Delete
  6. Wow - that's a big relief! It's awful that Paypal were the ones who made the mistake - you pay them to handle your money correctly, and not showing charges because of some fluke is not correct. Your kids are more open minded than me. I've never been to an acupuncturist, and I have a friend who's always telling me about the benefits of Thai massage, but I won't do it.... Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acupuncture and massage are two of my favorite things! I've never had Thai massage, but would be willing!

      Delete
  7. Thank goodness! And I hope your daughter's sprain heals quickly as a result of the acupuncture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was able to play in this weekend's tournament! Yay for acupuncture!

      Delete
  8. Hey Katie, I'm so happy to find out you weren't hacked. It's a scary feeling just to even think that you were. Great that the kids went in for acupuncture! I should give it a shot myself; I'd probably be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for always being a great co-host and looking out for us always. Thinking of you always and hope you're feeling good! Hugs, Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try Eva! Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years...give it a go! I love it.

      Delete
  9. Glad you got it figured out. I've had to spend more time on the phone with PayPal customer support than I cared to spend. Some of their tech support people don't know their own app. They apparently decided to do away with remote check capture (where you can deposit a check using your phone) because "nobody writes checks anymore." I wish someone would tell my freelancing clients that. But I didn't get the memo on that change, so it took three calls and one help desk ticket to get them to finally translate what I was saying from English into their language and back again to fully understand what I was asking. They first told me to clear the cache on my internet browser. I emailed back that this is a smartphone app--THEIR smartphone app--and what they're suggesting applies only to PCs. Even when they told me they'd done away with remote check capture, they didn't do it in a way I could understand...they said "we don't have that anymore. Please down load the latest version of our app" which didn't make any sense so I had to speak with someone else. Frustrating! So I'll be making trips to the bank a couple of times a month, since my bank won't accept my freelance writing checks since they're written to my business name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy hell! Sounds like a nightmare Stephanie! I actually just did one of those smartcapture things last week with my other bank...it was magical! As far as the "nobody writes checks anymore"...I call bs! I have to write checks to the schools all the time for this and that...and my acupuncturist ONLY takes checks or cash. I can't even imagine your frustration!

      Delete