Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Evenup -- The Accessory To The Walking Boot

Have you ever hurt or fractured your foot or ankle?  Or had foot or ankle surgery?  Did you have to go into the dreaded boot for some time?  Did your hip, knee, or back start hurting when you were in the boot?   If this sounds like you, then you are going to kick yourself that you didn't know about this little beauty.   It's called the Evenup.  And guess what it does...that's right...it evens up your leg heights so you no longer have to worry about finding the perfect wedge shoe that will match the height of your boot.




When I got the cast of ankle #1, the lady who fitted me for my boot gave me information about the Evenup.  My first thought was, “Genius!”.  I went home and ordered one a couple weeks later.  I figured that I had some time since I couldn't really put weight on my foot and walk yet.  Well, I should have ordered it sooner because by the time I needed it, I needed it right now.  It did come rather quickly, but still I should have anticipated better.

By the time it came I was so relieved.  My hip and lower back had already started hurting...and I wasn't even all that mobile yet.  For those of you who have never worn a boot...understand that even the smallest difference in leg height will throw off your gait just enough that it will wreak all kinds of havoc on the rest of your body.  Seriously, such a small difference can cause a ton of pain.




The Evenup will fit around any shoe (I imagine) and has two layers of foam in it (so you can remove one if need be).  It gives me about another half an inch...just enough to be even with my boot.  I absolutely love it and the minute I got the okay to wear my boot with ankle #2 I started using the Evenup immediately.

So if you ever have to be in the boot, or have a friend or loved one who does, this little thing is a lifesaver.  It cost me $35 and I got it in about 5 days.  I ordered directly from the Evenup website, but sometimes Amazon has it for a little cheaper.  Spread the word! 




No comments:

Post a Comment