Wednesday, January 29, 2014

8 Week Update -- Ankle #2

Wow...has it been 8 weeks already?  It doesn't seem that long to me...but it does seem like forever since I've been doing normal stuff...probably because once I started feeling kinda normal after ankle #1 I was having surgery again.  What can I say...I'm a glutton for punishment.

Anyway...things are a bit slower this week.  If you read my post from Monday, you'll see why.  Not much has changed...or I should say improved.  Actually, I feel like I'm where I was about a week and a half ago.  I have physical therapy tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what she has me do.  I don't know if I'm ready to go back on the treadmill just yet...but at the same time I feel disappointed in myself if I don't even try.  I just don't want to move backwards again.  I need to keep improving...not doing all this backwards shit.

I'm really getting a little stir crazy...yeah, it only took 8 weeks!  The very best part about this week was that I was able to get out this past Saturday...even if I had to use my crutches.  I went to Walmart (with the use of the wheelchair) and went to lunch at Panera.  Oh how I loooove Panera.  These two outings were the most “normal” thing I've done since the surgery.  Yeah, my life is so exciting...don't all be jealous at once :)




I've decided to clean out all the prescriptions I was given after the surgery since they've been collecting dust on my bedside table for a couple of weeks now...this is a lot of medicine!  I can't tell you how happy I am to be off of these.  Now I'm just back on my Celebrex (for my arthritis) and Soma (for my back spasms).  At least my medicine routine is back to "normal".

Have you ever gone through something and couldn't wait to get back to "normal"?  What was it that finally made you feel "normal"?



No comments:

Post a Comment