Sunday, December 1, 2013

Having Doubts About Surgery...Am I Crazy?

Over the past few weeks I've been telling family and friends that I'm having surgery again and I get the feeling that they all think I've lost my mind.  Well, sometimes I think they're right.


http://www.crystalscomments.com/view/11683
from www.crystalscomments.com


Okay, so don't tell my doctor this, but I may be rushing into my next surgery.  I mean, I'm not really 100% rehabbed with ankle #1 yet...it's probably more like 85% healed.  I still feel pain when I walk on it and don't really know if that's normal or not (although it's a better pain than before the surgery).  And my biggest complaint is that it feels stiff when I flex it up.  My PT instructed me to do more calf stretches to help with this, but I haven't noticed much of a change yet.  I know, I know...I need to give it more time with the stretching to see a difference.  But time is something that I'm quickly running out of.

The biggest worry I have is going into a cast again, which will keep me non-weight bearing for six weeks instead of the normal two.  This will only happen if #2 fractures during surgery (click here to read why #1 fractured and how I'm getting screwed again).  I can do two weeks of anything, but six would really set me back (again).  And six weeks of standing on #1 only...eeek!  It's already in pain and I can't balance all that well on it.  I keep telling myself that I will be able to really get #1 to full strength once #2 isn't holding it back.  And I believe this statement about 99%...it's that little 1% doubt that has the loudest voice in my head! 

I had both my hip replacements done at the same time and was back to school (college) within 3 months.  That was super hard, but I did it.  Of course, I was 19 at the time...with superhuman youthful healing abilities.  But still...I'm not that old.  Only 37...29 in my head.  I can do this!  Right?  Right???

www.behappy.me

No comments:

Post a Comment