Monday, March 24, 2014

My Birthday

Today is my birthday!  I had some friends and family over yesterday to celebrate and had a really nice time, even if I ended the night very achy...it was worth it.  My husband did all the cooking and bought me a delicious chocolate cake, and flowers...grocery store kind, of course!  Even the little ones played well...we had a 3, 4, 5, and 6 year old, plus my kids.  At one point, all the kids were downstairs and not one of them came up to us crying...I call that a win!

Even though today is my actual birthday, there were a couple of reasons why we celebrated yesterday.  One reason is because I figured it would be easier for everyone to have a Sunday night dinner, rather than a Monday night celebration.  Another big factor was the weather...yes the weather.  Seems like every time there is a big change in weather my body gets very grumpy.  My arthritis flares up and I end up with aches and pains in all my joints.  And since my neck has been on the fritz (gee, I sound like a broken tv or something), that gets worse too.  The past few weeks have been so bad with weather ups and downs, that I thought it might be a good idea to check the weather ahead of time.  So last week when I was looking ahead, I thought Sunday would work better.  And I was right...today I feel worse than yesterday.  It probably doesn't help that it's also supposed to snow again tomorrow.  Even though they're not calling for a lot this time, my body is still affected.  Today is just another day of living with chronic pain...even if the day is my birthday.

On a creepier happier note...Google wished me a Happy Birthday...




3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! And yeah, Google wishing you happy birthday is a little creepy. But a total stranger like me doing it isn't at all. lol! Glad you had such a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the B-day wishes...definitely less creepy than Google :)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated bday Katie :) Have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete