Friday, December 19, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- Dec 19

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

The first thing I'm celebrating this week is indoor plumbing.  It's something that I think we normally take for granted, but it was super cold and windy one night this week, and just the thought of having to go outside in that weather gave me the chills!  I love my inside toilet :)

Let's all take a minute to celebrate Amazon.com, as I've done most of my Christmas shopping (yet again) on this website.  Although I have a lot of medical problems that keep me from properly shopping (like out in the malls and such), I've been very lucky finding many things on Amazon, and their shipping policies are awesome when you have Amazon Prime, which I do.  How are you guys doing with your holiday shopping?
 
I'm also grateful that I chose to trust my gut and get a second opinion for my daughter's shoulder.  The new orthopedist said she has "little league shoulder".  He said that with proper meds (anti-inflammatories), rest, and rehab, she should get better.  Just in case, I've brought her back to acupuncture...to see if a little Eastern medicine can help along the Western medicine!

I apologize to everyone for the lack of visits...I'm still having a hard time typing with my thumb brace.  Seems like my hand gets sore rather quickly.  I promise to make it up to all of you guys once I'm all healed up!

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! 


What are you celebrating? 


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, VikLit @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Katie @ TheCyborgMom, and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse

 

8 comments:

  1. Shopping is over for me! I so appreciate indoor plumbing, heat resource, electricity; you get it!
    My health issues take a toll, and I'm grateful I still can get out some.
    Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you Dixie! Hope your health issues take a backseat for the holidays!

      Delete
  2. What would I do without internet shopping? And yes, indoor plumbing and all those other modern comfies are such a blessing! We forget that too easily. Glad to hear your daughter's on the up-swing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet shopping is one of the best inventions ever! I'd be totally screwed without it!

      Delete
  3. Yay for online shopping! Glad to hear that your daughter's shoulder should recover well.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for indoor plumbing! Congrats on getting your shopping done and for getting a second opinion for your daughter. I hope either the Eastern or Western medicine work and she feels better soon. Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree about both the indoor plumbing and the online shopping. I wouldn't want to be without either one (particularly the plumbing). :) My shopping is done. Congrats on getting yours done, too. Now I just need to wrap. I'm glad your daughter's shoulder isn't torn and should get better with meds and therapy. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember watching a show on history in which they showed George Washington's chamber pot. Kind of a revelation.

    ReplyDelete