Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Just Want To Nap

I woke up to darkness this morning. And not because it was the middle of the night...oh no. It was 7am and I could feel the dreariness before I even opened my eyes. I hate days like this, when there is no sun to be seen and the dream of a good hair day just laughs in my face.

Dark mornings like this make me just want to stay in bed. The depression from lack of sunlight gets to me and the achiness that I feel in all my joints doesn't help with my mood.

But I couldn't stay in bed today...I had to take my son for his yearly medical checkup. And because he's going into middle school in just a few weeks (how is my baby growing up so fast???) he needed to get a tetanus shot. And guess who was even grumpier than me this morning...yup...my boy! Luckily, the shot wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be, and as a reward I picked him up some Chik-Fil-A for lunch...complete with a vanilla milkshake.

Perhaps I'll snuggle into my bed and take a nap. With all this rain, and my creaky joints, I feel like it's a napping kind of day.

Hoping for the sun to come out tomorrow.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment