Friday, August 1, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things -- August 1

It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things!  Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.

This week I'm celebrating our local library.  Just a few years ago our library was renovated and among the new improvements was a teen center.  They have video games, board games, and books of course!  My daughter has been biking (or sometimes I'll just drive her) to the library to meet her friends and "hang out", making use of all the cool stuff the library has to offer.  It's great for her, and I think my son appreciates having the house mostly to himself :)  

I'm also celebrating my new Doctor Who themed ring tone for my new cell phone!  I was very excited when I got my first phone call the other day and heard my Doctor music :)  I wish I could make my house phone do the same thing!


What are you celebrating?


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, VikLit @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Katie @ TheCyborgMom, and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse


 

12 comments:

  1. Libraries are great places - especially when the younger generation still makes use of them (and leaves the house a less noisy place) - it's a cause to celebrate for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for celebrating libraries. They really do need some TLC right about now. enjoy the Dr. Who ring tone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having fun ringtones on my cell phone. I have everyone organized by the cartoons I think represent them best. I would love too if I could do my house phone. :D The kids and I love our library, they have a wonderful reading nook in the children's section where we could sit all day and read if my daughter had it her way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are all sorts of reasons to hang out at libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that your local library is encouraging the teens to visit, long live libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops sorry bout that, blogger decided to eat my comment and then .... spit it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libraries are a wonderful thing to celebrate! And I love customizing my ringtones too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The library is one of our favorite places! I need to do some experimenting with the ring tones on my new phone. It'll be fun. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place for your daughter to hang out and I love themed ringtones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the best memories about the Library in my home town. I spent many, many happy hours there as a kid. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool library! It'd be nice to have something like that close. I have never bought a ring tone, but am considering it since there are too many people sitting near my desk with the same ringtones, so I'm constantly looking to see if it's my phone!

    ReplyDelete