After figuring out a theme, my biggest challenge always seems to be the actual blog hopping part of the challenge. I write most of my posts the weekend before they go live, but it seems like finding the time to visit other blogs is difficult. And when I do have time, I either stumble across blogs that have the longest posts on the planet, or find posts that I'm not super interested in reading. Sorry! This year I really wanted make the best use of my time so I could find some new blogs to follow, and add to my blogging buddies list :)
- I appreciate when people put their theme immediately at the top of their post. I'm still hoping for a way to categorize the challenge list, so it would be easier to find content that you connect with.
- It's annoying when I have to fill out my whole life story before I can post a comment. I'm getting so tired of this, that I started to skip commenting on pages like this (unless I was commenting back from a comment someone left on my page).
- I do, rather weirdly, enjoy checking off the “I'm not a robot” box. Gives me a chuckle every time.
- I prefer 'blogger' websites as opposed to 'wordpress'. I find it easier to comment and follow with blogger, and even navigate through older posts (assuming the blog has the proper widgets).
- I noticed that when I tag @AprilAtoZ (the A to Z Challenge twitter handle) on twitter, when I post my blog link, I get a lot more hits on that post. Thank you @AprilAtoZ!!!
- There were a handful of times that I had no way to respond back to comments that were left on my blog. Either the person didn't have any blogger profile links, or a link to their blog in their comment. :(
I am happy to say that I have found some new blogs that I look forward to visiting after the A to Z, as well as reconnecting with some old favorites.
Here are some stand out posts:
This one made me SMILE
This one made me CRY
These made me LAUGH
This was INSPIRING
The BRAVEST post I read:
These are just some of the ones that stood out for me, but I did come across many great blogs.
What do you have to share? Did you enjoy this year's A to Z Challenge? Did you find any new blogger buddies? And please share any posts or themes that stood out to you...I'd love to visit some more great blogs!