It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things! The brainchild of Viklit, Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is.
This week I'm celebrating...
- Finished basements. I could really write an entire blog post on the joys of finished basements, but I'll give you the highlights...
- I'm so happy that my children have a 'kid cave' that they can go to when their friends come over. Out of sight, out of mind I say...that's in the Best Parenting 101 handbook, right?
- My husband and I can shut the door to the basement and it dampens the noise. This is especially helpful when there is a room full of teenage girls.
- I rarely have to go down there and witness the horrorshow that it is. Of course, when I do have to venture down there (like yesterday) I want to just burn it down...but all the rest of the time it's awesome! Hey, guess who's cleaning the basement this weekend?
- After feeling sick all week, I think I'm finally on the upswing (I'm not saying this too loudly, as I don't want to jinx it). I will spare you all the details...believe me, you don't want to know!
- I won a book! LG Keltner from Writing Off the Edge had a giveway of her new book and I won. Thanks LG for making me feel special! I shall now go buy a lottery ticket while my luck is still hot.
- Today is the last day of school before Christmas break for my kids! I'm looking forward to spending some time with my babies!
If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information. And don't forget to visit her wonderful co-hosts: LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge and Tonja Drecker @Kidbits Blog