It's Friday and I'm Celebrating The Small Things! Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly celebration where some bloggers have decided to post about something worth celebrating...no matter how big or small it is. I am thrilled to co-host this wonderful blog!
This week I'm celebrating:
- The families and individuals that have made the difficult decision to have their bodies, or the bodies of loved ones, donated to science. I joked around on facebook this week that I'm part zombie because I have cadaver bone in my right ankle (from my last procedure--subtalar fusion), but the reality is that without those people making the sacrifice, I wouldn't have been able to have my surgery. And this surgery should, hopefully, help me walk with less pain and improve the quality of my life. I am very grateful for my "zombie" parts!
- If you're paying attention...this makes me a Zombie Cyborg...so that's cool :)
- Getting my new cast on. While it sucks to have a cast, this begins the 6 week NWB (non-weight bearing) part of my recovery. Let the countdown begin!
- My niece, Josephine, who thinks my cast is awesome because, you know, it's purple. And purple is her favorite.
- My kiddies, who have been sick over the last couple of weeks. Last week I had my daughter home and this week it was my son's turn. Even though they were sick and feeling icky, they still managed to help their old mom out...I love them to bits!!!
- My mommy...who sent me a get well card that truly brightened my day...thanks mom! I love you and wished you lived closer!
What are you celebrating?
If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information. And don't forget to check out her co-hosts: LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom
The old linky will be retired, please sign up at the new linky below: